Monday, July 31, 2006

Dubrovnik...

If you ask me where in the world I would like most to visit, it would have to be the beautiful city of Dubrovnik on the Croatian coast. So why haven't I gone in the 5 years I have lived in Bosnia if it is so close?? Especially as I have been 4 times to visit my roomie Ljilja in Trebinje which is just 30km away??? Well, I am on a South African passport which means I need visas for everywhere - including Croatia!! And to get a Croatian visa has not been easy for me either - they can be quite mean...

Two months ago I found out I can get a visa which lasts for one year for Croatia if an organisation will guarantee for me - so I called up my good bud Jasna with YWAM in Zagreb and got her to do a guarantee letter... Once I handed in the papers, it took two weeks of waiting with bated breath, but I now have a visa in my passport for Croatia which is valid for ONE WHOLE YEAR of MULTIPLE ENTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still pinching myself - it will make my life a whole lot easier as if I want to travel anywhere I fly out of Zagreb in Croatia and have to apply each time - now I don't have to!! And it also means I can visit my good buds Jasna and Juliana and others in Zagreb (just 2 1/2 hours away) without worrying about visas each time!!

And the best past is that I am off to Dubrovnik at the end of August when I visit Ljilja and her family in Trebinje!!!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

That's really awesome!! woohoo!! Have a great trip!

winterytiff said...

I am absolutely delighted for you! Have a fantastic time. Pusa to your roommate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...