Sunday, June 25, 2006

I am an uncle again...

My brother Kevin's lovely wife, Robin, gave birth to a healthy, bouncing, baby boy, Andrew Marc, on Friday- so this makes me an uncle for the 3rd time (I am only an aunty once:-( ).

When my sister had her son James (my first nephew) I jokingly told all the Bosnians that I was a "tetak" (or uncle- meaning ha ha it was a boy) and they kept telling me no you are a "tetka" because of course I had only been here 3 months and no one knew I had a sense of humour, and just thought I was making a language error...

Here are Luke (Kev's first son) and Andrew together... aren't they both cute...

Anyway I have to treat people to "slatko" (something sweet) as that is what you do when someone in your family gives birth - as it is considered "slatko"!!! And hey, who am I to fight a tradition that includes have to eat something sweet!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nicole and Graeme said...

They are indeed adorable! Congrats!! May they get to know you and appreciate you, particularly over these great distances.

winterytiff said...

Congrats Tetak Bee! They are adorable. Hope to see you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...