Wednesday, March 01, 2006

YWAM Meetings...

Well, last week passed in a whirl of meetings as Carmelita Clarke, the YWAM Central European leader was here visiting us in Banja Luka. First, my colleague, Janet and I had two days of meetings, and then on Thursday the rest of YWAM Bosnia (well 9 of them - not all were able to come) came to stay the night with Janet (who had all the guys!) and me (7 of us were in my house for the night - luckily I have a GREAT landlady and roommate who puts up with lots of guests!) and have meetings on Friday...

Once I get a pic from the person who took it (we decided to only take one pic!) I will post it so you can see our ugly mugs... One of the cool things about putting a group of YWAMers in a room is that we tend to have a great time, so even though they are serious meetings, we do have a lot of fun!

Funny story from the restaurant where we had lunch- the poor waiter was a bit overwhelmed by the 12 of us all speaking English and was trying to listen in to try and figure out what we wanted. We asked Janet (who knows the restaurant well) what she recommended, and she said "well anything, except the Cabonara, as it wasn't good when I had it once". So we all repeat "Cabonara", "Cabonara" - and then the waiter comes to ask for our orders and says to me "well I heard you all saying "Cabonara" so I assumed that you wanted to order that, and as it takes a long time to cook, I warned the kitchen". Anyway, it was quite interesting trying to explain to him that it was mentioned because we DIDN'T want it!

2 comments:

therambler said...

i hope you're meetings went well. did you all end up eating the cabonara or did you get it sorted out?!

Belinda C said...

no we actually all ate (well most of us) "teleca ispod saca" (veal cooked under a pan - how else would you describe this?) and boy was it good - will have to take you to that restaurant next time you visit. Meetings went well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...