Wednesday, March 22, 2006

English fun...

Last Tuesday night, I started up our English Club again (after breaking from December) and we had a decent turn-out with 6 people coming. We have another 6 saying that they want to come, so if everyone came it would actually be too many, as it is just me running it! It is just conversational English, but we will be going through a shortened form of "Emma" by Jane Austen and watching the movie at the end.

I am also trying to teach Ljilja and our friend Dragana English - they are at a more elementary level, so it is a bit harder...but just as fun! This past week we were going over the parts of the body - I was pointing out parts of my body and they were saying what each of them were... I pointed to my "hips" and instead of saying "hips" both of them in one voice said "lovely handles" [okay I am to blame - I taught Ljilja "love handles" and one day she got it wrong and called them "lovely handles" and I thought that was more appropriate and so it has now stuck:-) ]. So never a dull day in English teaching...

1 comment:

therambler said...

i meet with my friend bejna twice a week for conversation practice. the other day she said to me, "i need to buy some shit. do you want come with me?" i said, "you need to buy what?" she said "shit. for my bed." i said "oh, lets refer to them in the plural so as to avoid any confusion or embarrassement. it's, i need to buy some sheets." hahaha too funny! i love esl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...