Monday, January 23, 2006

Oxford Impressions...

Well, I am only here a couple of days, but being with my sister, brother-in-law and the kids means I don't have much time to "see" the sights as it were - and having been here quite a few times before, I don't really need to. So my impressions are definitely more of the kiddie kind - like the fact that my niece (who is 3 in June) is a fellow marmite lover and my nephew (who turns 5 soon) is just gorgeous. I had the privilege of taking care of them this morning while my sister went to work and it was fun to be Aunty Belinda without mom or dad around... I was a bit apprehensive as it could have gone disastrously haywire - but despite both being quite headstrong, they are essentially good kids and behaved like angels! We took the bus and dropped James off at school and then I took Amy to the church's toddlers group and helped out there - and on the way home on the bus she fell asleep meaning I could go do some great charity shopping while she slept! When we got home we ate marmite sangwishes... and it was all over far too quickly...

I am off to YWAM Harpenden tomorrow!

2 comments:

therambler said...

how fun! glad you got to connect with the fam.

ps. i like marmite too. sshhhh, don't tell. as an american, i'll get made fun of.

Belinda C said...

hey rambler can you email me your blog address. I am without my computer and don't even have your email address... I won't tell about the marmite thing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...