Monday, January 30, 2006

Harpenden

I have been here for a week - with a weekend trip to visit friends in London and Burgess Hill (which was GREAT fun) and am really enjoying the time at the YWAM base to relax and reconnect with friends and God.

Today we started the Relational Peacemaking and Diplomacy Workshop which is the reason I am here. There are 5 of us on the course - the facilitator is a Texan and then one participant has come from Canada, one is Irish and heading to Gaza straight afterwards and the last is South African from Pretoria who lives in the UK.

It has already been a blessing - just to remind me about some of the concepts and ideas which I already know - but just need a refreshing and refilling. And also just to realise how living in Bosnia has given me insights and understanding into the area of reconciliation - kind of like I know a lot more than I give myself credit for! So that has been encouraging...hopefully the rest of the week will be just as good!!!

3 comments:

therambler said...

sounds awesome. glad you're resting up and learning new stuff.

Jeff said...

Hey Belinda.

Just wanted to say Hi so you'd know I read your blog. Also, you can check out mine -- pravi-scoop.blogspot.com

Take care

Jeff

luke said...

hope you got home safe belinda,
missing your cake already

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...