Saturday, November 26, 2005

shots fired...

I can hear shots being fired in the air. Is it the beginning of war here again? What is going on? No, nothing serious - they are just celebrating a wedding up the street! The first time I heard shots being fired in my neighbourhood I really thought someone was killing someone else - but now I know that it is just a way of expressing joy that someone has tied the knot...

The other give aways are loud hooting (horns honking for the Americans) as the cars drive in from the wedding ceremony and here in Banja Luka, the LOUD "trube" (or "trumpets") which will play late into the night as the couple celebrate their nuptials...

The first time I heard the cars hooting as they drove around town to celebrate, I thought it was a riot! But now I know it is "just a wedding"...

Got to love it here...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...